7 Computer Security Top Tips for Bank and Finance Industry
Computer and network security is not thought about until a problem arises. At this point, a breach in security can cause huge and potentially harmful problems to the business flow. By setting up a computer security plan, you can get the information held in your computers and networks is safe and secure. Here is some tips for Computer security
- Install a firewall and virus-checking on your computers. Make sure that your operating system is set up to receive automatic updates.
- Protect your computer by downloading the latest patches or security updates, which should cover vulnerabilities.
- Only allow your staff access to the information they need to do their job and don’t let them share passwords.
- Encrypt any personal information that would cause damage if it were lost or stolen.
- Take regular back-ups of the information on your computer system and keep them in a separate place.
- Securely remove all personal information before disposing of old computers.
- Consider installing an anti-spyware tool. Spyware can be unwittingly installed within other file and program downloads, and their use is often malicious. They can capture passwords, banking credentials and credit card details, then relay them back to fraudsters. Anti-spyware helps to monitor and protect your computer from spyware threats, and it is often free to use and update.
The tips above are very important specially for bank and finance industry in Indonesia, while, Bank Indonesia stated there are still several financial institution whose data is “easily” stolen. This is why it is important to have an computer security action plan, This plan will help contain any damage sharing of its customers and the bank itself.